These Strawberry & Granola Muffins are real crowd pleasers, use ingredients that you will have in your press already and can be changed to suit the seasons!
Swap the strawberries for whatever berries are in season or sub in any stone or cored fruit like apples, pears, plums or peaches.
These muffins could also be transformed into a savoury muffin so be sure and let me know what flavour combination your try! Likewise, turn the muffin batter into a traybake – a sure fire way to treat a bigger gang with the same mix.
Makes 12 muffins.
- 3 eggs
- 140g caster sugar
- 180ml rapeseed oil
- 200g plain regular or spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp bread soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200g strawberries, cut into quarters
- 1 tbsp plain soft cheese
- zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 80g granola
- Preheat an oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F. Line a muffin tray with 12 cases or use silicone muffin tray. If using a silicone tray – lightly oil the sides and top of the tray and dust lightly with flour.
- Place the eggs and caster sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat together until pale and fluffy with an electric hand whisk. Slowly pour in the oil as you continue to whisk until well combined.
- Sift in the flour, bread soda, baking powder and salt. Fold the mix together with a large spoon or spatula.
- Stir in the strawberries followed by the soft cheese, lemon zest, juice and 60g of the granola.
- Divide the muffin mix into the prepared cases (ensure to have the mix a little below the top of each muffin case). Scatter the remaining granola over each muffin and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tray, then remove and fully cool on a wire rack.