For the last installment of my recipe series showcasing the producers of Cahir Farmers Market, I’m focusing on a simple summer dessert combining the best berries of the Summer. It is just coming into strawberry season at the moment but raspberries typically won’t be ripe for another month or so.
As the seasons change use whatever berries The Apple Farm have in stock. Gooseberries, cherries, peaches or plums would also be delicious alternatives for raspberries and strawberries.
All you need are four simple ingredients to make this easy but impressive dessert!
You can easily replace the cream with creme fraiche or ice-cream as you like. Another alternative is to use just Greek-style yoghurt!
Check out my Cahir Farmers Market recipe series here for more recipes using great locally produced ingredients.
- 200ml cream
- 100ml plain yoghurt
- 1 meringue
- 1 bar of Ó’Conaill’s dark chocolate from Jim & Keith’s vegetable stall
- 50g The Apple Farm strawberries
- 50g The Apple Farm raspberries
- Whip the cream until thick and stir through the natural yoghurt.
- Crush the meringue with your hands into a large mixing bowl. Stir through the cream and yoghurt mix until well combined.
- Create dark chocolate curls by placing the bar of chocolate on a flat surface with the smooth side up. Rest one edge against your stomach as you draw a large sharp knife across the surface of the chocolate. Work from the furthest edge towards you creating chocolate curls.
- To serve: Place some berries in the base of a glass, add a generous tablespoon of the meringue mix, add more berries, add another tablespoon of meringue, top with even more berries and a sprinkle of chocolate curls. Repeat until all the meringue is used up between the glasses.
- If planning ahead, store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Get your copy of the DELALICIOUS – A Full Plate For A Full Life cookbook here!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.