Soup season has 100% arrived!! I love nothing more than the hug of a bowl of soup whatever the weather but especially on a chilly day.
This Sweet Potato, Coriander & Red Lentil Soup definitely gives you a hug of warmth with its mild mix of spices that whisks you momentarily off to some foreign land. Lentils are great to bulk out dishes and give you some much needed protein. Red and split yellow lentils are softer and tend to break down easily in soups compared to brown, green or beluga lentils that are better in a salad, stew or casserole style recipe.
The beauty of soup making is that you can literally swap in and out any root vegetables for eachother or celery and leek in the place of onions and garlic.
For more soup inspiration, check out some of my favourites here!
- 2 red onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 150g red lentils
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 600ml hot vegetable stock
- fresh coriander for serving
- Heat 2 teaspoonfuls of oil in a large saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft through. Stir in the sweet potato and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix the red lentils through and cook for 5 minutes further.
- Stir through the spices and cook until you can smell them or hear the coriander seeds pop.
- Pour over the vegetable stock. Increase the heat until the soup begins to boil, cover and reduce the heat to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blitz with a handheld stick blender to your preferred consistency. Add some more water if required for a looser soup.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Get your copy of the DELALICIOUS – A Full Plate For A Full Life cookbook here!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.