These Drop Pancakes are inspired by Ukranian style pancakes called Syrniki. They are great with sweet or savoury toppings so perfect for a brunch or breakfast feast.
Alongside tasting delicious, the pancake batter can be prepped overnight and then freshly fried come morning time.
I topped mine with a mixed berry compote made from frozen berries with yoghurt for the sweet edition and bacon, slow roasted tomatoes and rocket for the savoury version. I don’t think you could go wrong with any kind of a pancake topping.
Serves 4, makes 16.
- 425g cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 115g cup plain flour
- Whisk the cottage cheese, eggs and salt together until well combined.
- Stir through the flour until no dry ingredients remain. Store in the fridge now, if prepping ahead.
- Heat the oil or melt coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Drop generous tablespoonfuls of the pancake batter onto the pan and flatten into rounds.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden on both sides and cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and drain excess oil on kitchen paper.
- Serve warm or cool fully before storing in the fridge.