Is this recipe breakfast or dessert? How about both? Now that’s how every morning should start!
Oats are my favourite way to start the day. They are such a versatile ingredient that you never get tired of oats; start with some granola, porridge, overnight oats, add to a smoothie or try these baked oat and berry pots.
A cross between a souffle and porridge may be the best way to describe these without any of the stress. Use your favourite nuts and berries and you won’t go wrong.
For more Delalicious oat recipe inspiration click here.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 6 walnut halves, chopped
- 4 tbsp jumbo oats
- 2 tbsp regular oats
- 8 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp frozen or fresh berries, raspberries, blackberries, blackcurrants, blueberries
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- Whisk the eggs and nut butter together in a large bowl.
- Add the walnuts, oats and milk and continue to whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into two ovenproof ramekin dishes.
- Bake in the oven at 180C for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out cleanly. You can also cook in a microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- For the berry coulis: stir the berries and water together in a small bowl. Place in microwave for 1 minute on high or simmer in a saucepan over a low heat for a few minutes until they begin to soften.
- To serve: spoon the yoghurt and berry coulis over the cooked oat pots.
Want to keep up to date with all the latest Delalicious recipes, subscribe now to my monthly newsletter.