Homemade granola is the easiest and possibly most tastiest thing you can make. It can be enjoyed at any hour of the day, will save you a shed load of money compared to bought cereals and is simply the best way to start your day! I love to enjoy it with some seasonal fruit and a good dollop of natural yoghurt!!
If you don’t have an oven then fear not. My 5 Minute Granola recipe has you covered in minutes!
- 10 tbsp oats (jumbo/porridge/gluten-free/organic)
- 2 tbsp of each pumpkin, sunflower, chia, poppy & sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp milled linseed
- 2 tbsp mixture of raisins, cranberries & chopped dried apricots
- 2 tbsp nuts (chopped walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, peanuts, cashews)
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Preheat an oven to 180°C.
- Mix the honey and melted coconut oil well together.
- Place all of the dry ingredients excluding the dried fruit in a large mixing bowl and mix through the melted oil and honey and until it is well coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a baking tray lined with parchment and place in the oven until it’s nicely browned, add the dried fruit when you begin to stir the mixture.
- Make sure to keep a close eye on it as it can easily burn and ensure to stir the oat mix so that it browns evenly!!
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before placing it in a large jar to be enjoyed every morning…that’s if there’s any left by then!!
*Customise the mixture of nuts/seeds/dried fruit to your liking, believe me you can’t go wrong!