Vitamin C is the best known and most readily available flu and cold fighter.
All the ingredients for this juice are packed with vitamin C; ginger adds a warming effect to our bodies and acts as an anti-inflammatory whilst beetroot provides a source of calcium which is essential in the absorption of vitamin C.
This juice recipe makes about 1 litre. I generally store in the fridge for up to 4 days and enjoy each morning with breakfast!
A hand-held blender works perfectly instead of a juicer or stand blender, just requires a little more work!
- 2 small apples
- 1 lemon
- 1 large carrot
- 2 medium sized pre-cooked beetroot
- 2 inch fresh ginger
- 250ml water
- Cube the beetroot and de-cored apples and place in a blender or large measuring jug.
- Top and tail the carrot and coarsely grate into the jug.
- Add in the finely chopped peeled ginger.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice, add the water and blend until smooth.
- If the mixture is still lumpy, simply add in more water.