Here is The Simplest Curry recipe I have definitely created anyway! Enjoy now and thank me later!!
So basically this curry sauce can be used with chicken, your choice of bean or any type of vegetable.
Serves 2. (Bulk up your ratios as required)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp whole coriander seeds or 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 100ml water
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced or 1 x 400g chickpeas or 250g vegetables
- 1.5 tbsp creme fraiche or 50ml cream (regular or coconut)
- 2 tsp mango chutney or another fruity chutney
- 1 large handful spinach, kale or chard
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a low heat. Add the onions and garlic and fry until soft.
- Add the spices and stir through until fragrant or the coriander seeds start to pop a little.
- Stir through the water and chicken pieces or vegetables. Bring the pan to a boil, cover with a lid or plate and reduce to a simmer. Continue to cook the curry for 5 minutes or until the chicken or vegetables are cooked through.
- Stir through the creme fraiche and mango chutney until well combined.
- Finally add the chickpeas (if using) with the spinach and slowly fold through the curry until it begins to wilt.
- Serve the curry with a grain of your choice, spuds, chips or more green veg.