There is something so comforting about a simple tomato sauce. Add some fresh pasta to it and comfort food is arriving to your plate with this Tomato & Chilli Prawn Tagliatelle!
If prawns don’t do it for you, then swap in chicken, tofu, veggies or any kind of mince.
The roasted tomato sauce is great for a batch cook so make double and freeze the extra quantity for when you need a meal fast!!
For another great prawn dish try my Indian Prawn & Chickpea Curry.
- 450g vine tomatoes
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded
- 2 medium white onions, peeled and halved
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato concentrate paste
- 400g fresh tagliatelle
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 400g prawns
- To serve: parmesan and 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F.
- Place the tomatoes, half the chilli, red pepper and onions in a roasting tin with 1 tablespoonful of oil. Roast for 20 minutes or until the veg is soft through and slightly charred.
- Blend with the balsamic vinegar and tomato paste until smooth.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add the tagliatelle and cook for 2 minutes. Strain 90% of the water off and remove from the heat.
- Heat one teaspoonful of oil in a frying pan, finely chop the remaining half of the chilli and add with the garlic to the pan. Once softened, add the prawns and cook until they are hot through and pink throughout.
- Add the tomato sauce to the pasta followed by the prawns and stir well to combine.
- Divide amongst bowls and sprinkle with some grated parmesan and basil.