Quick, easy and oh so tasty!! Tomato and a pinch of salt is one of my go-to snacks. Like you can not beat it, the beautiful sweetness of tomato with a hint of salt….
If you get your hands on some homegrown tomatoes then even better as you’re fingers will literally smell of tomatoes as you chop these up.
Some crusty bread is a definite vessel for this Tomato Crush. It can be enjoyed cold or reheated under the grill with some cheese under or over your tomatoes!
Serves 4 as a snack.
- 250g vine tomatoes (any size), chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced or 1 clove garlic, minced
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- pinch of sea-salt
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, gently torn
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together. If you are prepping ahead, keep the basil to the side and add just before serving.
- Taste to ensure you have a blend of sweet (tomatoes), salt (salt), sour (lemon) and punch(scallion/garlic) to your tasting.
- Store in the fridge covered for up to 3 days.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Get your copy of the DELALICIOUS – A Full Plate For A Full Life cookbook here!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.