Nothing means summer to me more than tomatoes!!
Every summer for the last few years, I have grown my own tomatoes and it is honestly the best! It is also very easy, all you need is somewhere with light, heat and remembering to water the tomato plants every few days. The smell of fresh tomatoes is one of my favourite food smells too so I love to be out tending to them.
Fresh sun-ripened tomatoes don’t need anything added but here is a really tasty little salad using very simple ingredients.
For another simple tomato salad recipe combining the classic combination of mozzarella, basil and tomatoes try my Capreasy salad!
Serves 4 as a side.
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- 250g cherry or vine tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive or rapeseed oil
- pinch of sea-salt
- Cut the cucumber lengthways in half. Scoop the seeds and soft centre out with a teaspoon.
- Slice the cucumber into half-moon slices.
- Place all the ingredients with the cucumber to a bowl and mix together.
- Taste and season with more lemon or salt as you like.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Get your copy of the DELALICIOUS – A Full Plate For A Full Life cookbook here!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.