When you want something tasty fast egg crepes are one of my go-to options!!
Believe it or not, eating whole eggs outside of baking or pancakes was my worst nightmare a few years ago, now they are my go-to meal! This tomato & sesame bean mix is like an Asian style baked beans so great on their own served with bread or alongside an egg crepe.
- 1 tsp oil
- 100g tomatoes, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced or 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp honey & 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes or 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 x 400g tin butter beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 4 eggs
- black pepper
- Optional: 2 tsp salted roasted peanuts
- Heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan over a low heat.
- Add the tomatoes and scallion and cook until soft.
- Once softened, add the soy sauce or sweet chilli sauce along with the butter beans and sesame seeds. Stir together and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the spinach. Keep turning it until it begins to wilt. Once all wilted, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat and whisk the eggs together with black pepper.
- Pour onto the pan and cook. Once you see the sides begin to dry out, place a lid or plate on top and turn the heat down low. Cook for a further 5 minutes. (The lid or plate traps the heat and creates steam, this will allow the egg crepe to slide off from the pan.)
- Remove the egg crepe from the pan and divide in two, place equal quantities of the spinach and beans over the top with a scattering of peanuts and serve.