Tacos are a real winner with everyone and great for a group as you can mix and match toppings really easily. They are also a good option when cooking for a mix of meat and veg eaters.
My favourite taco toppings involve lots of different tastes and textures which provide a source of crunch (lettuce, red cabbage, carrot, cucumber), protein (turkey, chicken, steak or prawns), healthy fats (avocado) and drizzle (yoghurt, pesto, sweet chilli sauce).
You can easily replace the turkey with chicken by poaching a raw chicken breast in boiling salted water until cooked through. Drain and allow to cool before shredding between two forks.
The tomato sauce in this recipe is really versatile and works great with lots of different dishes. It will be also stay fresh in the fridge for 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Why not try another of my leftover turkey recipes – Herby Turkey Rolls.
Makes 10, 2 tacos = 1 serving.
See recipe – Herby Turkey Rolls
- 200g leftover turkey
- kale/lettuce/leftover sprouts, thinly sliced
- 100g red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 50g carrot, julienned
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 avocado, sliced
- natural yoghurt to serve
- taco shells or tortilla wraps
- For the tomato sauce: follow recipe over on Herby Turkey Rolls.
- Shred the leftover turkey between two forks and stir through the sauce.
- Combine the red cabbage, carrot, vinegars and honey in a small mixing bowl until well coated.
- Heat the tacos on a flat pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes each side.
- To serve: place a layer of kale in the centre of the taco followed by one tablespoon of the red cabbage mix, one tablespoon of turkey, a slice of avocado and a drizzle of yoghurt.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.