I love when I’m rustling around in the bottom of the fridge, looking for ingredients and these kind of magical accidents happen! I give you Veggie Prawns in a Garlic, Tomato and Cashew Sauce.
Kale, spinach or any leafy green can be used instead of the cabbage or bulk this recipe up a bit more with sweet potato instead of carrot.
The creamy cashew sauce would work great through pasta or simply as a dip.
- 3 tbsp raw cashews
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 100ml water
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 courgette
- 30g sugar snap green beans
- 1/2 head Savoy cabbage
- 100g frozen pre-cooked prawns
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- In a bowl, cover the cashews with water & allow to soak for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 180C and melt 1 tsp coconut oil in a roasting tray. Add the whole cherry tomatoes and peeled garlic cloves. Roast for 20-30 mins until the tomato skins have blistered.
- Defrost the prawns by placing in a bowl of water.
- Chop the carrot, courgette and sugar snaps into bite size pieces. Steam gently until the carrots are cooked through.
- Melt the remaining coconut oil in a large frying pan. Finely slice the cabbage and sauté in the pan for about 5 mins, add the strained and rinsed defrosted prawns and continue to cook until warm through.
- For the sauce: strain and rinse the cashews, add the roasted garlic and tomatoes with 100ml of water to the nuts and blitz with a hand blender until a thick sauce consistency is formed.
- Add the steamed veg and sauce to the frying pan and stir together until well coated over a low heat.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.