Salads are for any season and this Warm Bacon, Apple & Goats Cheese Kale Salad has all the flavours of Winter for me!!
Crispy bacon fresh from the grill, roasted honeyed pecan and fresh apple gives lots of crunch. Blue cheese adds that all important creaminess and kale gives us lots of goodness and even more colour!
If you’re not a fan of blue cheese, then any creamy cheese like feta or goats cheese will be perfect. Veggie – then leave out the bacon and add in tofu.
- 30g pecans
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 bacon rashers
- 100g kale, de-stalked and shredded into small bits
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 medium apple, cubed
- 50g blue cheese
- Turn your grill on.
- Place the pecans in an ovenproof dish or small frying pan and stir through the honey. Place under the grill for 5 minutes or until starting to turn a darker brown colour. Remove from the grill and allow to cool before roughly chopping.
- Grill the rashers to your liking, remove from the grill and dice.
- Place the shredded kale in a large bowl and massage through the salt with your hands until it turns a darker green colour.
- Add the bacon, apple and chopped pecans to the kale. Crumble the blue cheese over the top and stir everything together.