Apple and ginger are one of those timeless flavour combinations!! Incredible in a crumble, tart or chutney and now it is time to bring them to a scone.
I’ve used crystallised stem ginger in these scones but feel free to swap in freshly grated or ground ginger instead.
Enjoy these Apple & Ginger Scones with some butter or a chutney to your liking.
- 120g plain flour
- 120g oats
- 30g Biasol Super Milled Grains
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bread soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 55g butter, cubed
- 140ml milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 1 large apple, grated
- 25g crystallised ginger, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F.
- Place the flour, oats, super milled grains, baking powder, bread soda and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Rub the butter cubes with your hands through the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Whisk the milk, honey and egg together before adding to the dry scone mix.
- Combine together until the dry ingredients are fully absorbed. Then add the grated apple and ginger pieces and mix until a dough ball forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and roll out with a rolling pin until a 2cm thick disc forms.
- Use a pastry cutter, knife or floured glass to cut out your scone shapes.
- Place the scones onto a floured baking tray and brush with some milk.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden on top and baked through.
- Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.