You know me, I love a good salad! Most of my salad creations are the results of a very empty fridge and often combine ingredients that you mightn’t of used together before. I love creating something utterly delicious from nothing.
Another big inspiration for my food is colour, nothing makes my heart sing more than a plate of colourful food. This salad recipe is brimming with colour and subtle flavours so enjoy!
More more carrot creations check out my Sesame Beetroot & Carrot Slaw and Chickpea & Carrot Salad.
Serves 4 as a side.
- sea salt
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 tbsp frenchie dressing
- 1 tbsp roasted walnuts/peanuts/almonds, chopped
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- Add the broccoli, cover with a lid and remove from the heat. Allow to cook for 5 minutes until just tender. Strain and refresh until cold under running cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and honey together.
- Once the broccoli is fully cooled and drained, add with the carrots to the mixing bowl.
- Stir through the dressing and nuts until fully combined.